Open Response to the Chief Executioner:
- You didn't build that. You might think that you're really smart. Well there's a lot of smart people out there. You might think that you worked really hard. There's a lot of smart people out there. But if you have a successful gun grabbing enterprise, you didn't build that.
- Gun sales skyrocket. You did build that.
- I have some measures that I can accomplish through executive action as well. So do millions of other people you labeled as "bitter clingers." The more you push, the more of these you'll see.
- "Those who oppose any common sense gun control measures." That's me. I'd prefer to stick with the Uncommon Sense of the founders as opposed to your common sense that can't operate an umbrella, or Dianne Feinstein's common sense (who held an AK-47, muzzle pointed at people, and finger on the trigger).
- Currently, when you want to talk to gun owners, you address the NRA. By and large America has sat idle and let the NRA be the biggest megaphone speaking for the right to keep and bear arms. Over time, the NRA has declined to the point that they are more of what you might call a "common sense" organization that dilutes and adulterates the voice of the gun owners they claim to represent. In the world of community organization, if you take away an organizer's megaphone, you take away his power. Perhaps you think it will still work this way when the Quislings at the NRA sell out-that gun owners will be without a voice, without a say, without a vote. That if you defeat the NRA, then you have defeated all gun owners. I've got some bad news for you, Barry. Deprived of any voice in the halls of polite, genteel politicians, those clingers will instead speak for themselves. You might not like what you hear. Silence. Alternatively, they may choose to go out and take action on their own. In time though, they will coordinate, collaborate, and conspire together. Community Organization!!! Where the ideals of Liberty and Freedom and what America was intended to be, I can truly say, "I didn't build that." Pushed hard enough though, enough free Americans might just unite to say, "We didnt' build that, but we can sure as hell rebuild it." Yes We Can!
- Think of it this way, without the NRA, there will be no moderation of the communication between those clingers and the government. What you see as an obstacle in the NRA might in fact be the last thing between this glorious economic boom we're having and a destructive civil war. Believe me, that's a scary thought for me too. I wonder how it was to be a Briton in 1939 waiting to see what Chamberlain would come back from Munich with? Currently, your opposition may be led by the weak-kneed and weak-willed who can't come right out and call your actions what they are. In destroying and humiliating them, you're paving the way for their exit and for the rise of someone like Winston Churchill. (You know, that guy on the bust you gave back to Great Britain along with some US DVDs and a reading of your ghost-written autobiography.)
- When the final bill is tallied for this coming conflict, I hope that history will look back at your Executive Orders alone and say, "Barack Obama, He built that!" In a just world though, perhaps the court that tries you for treason can reach the same conclusion. Now there's some change I can believe in.