Let's consider some additional ways in which proposing a gun ban is "Winning!" for team Obama.
1) Recognizing what a pathetic "negotiator" the GOP has in John Boehner, there's never been a better time to "negotiate" if you're a Democrat. Seriously, you can't lose. Grab for everything you can because the opposition cannot and will not stop you. Instead, they will "negotiate", they will seek to shape the debate and the discussion, they will seek to enhance their political position. So even if you don't get the whole thing, you'll get something.
2) The mere mention of a gun ban will send demand and prices soaring while supply plummets. Recognizing that inventory is running low and that manufacturers are only making what is selling Right Now, the economy is basically a Just In Time bomb.
3) Since inventory will be low, this will be a great time to focus on those businesses that manfacture and sell firearms, ammo, and accessories. Not directly through legislation or regulation, but perhaps through other businesses that are sympathetic to the cause of gun control. Like banks, for example. Spirit Arms anyone?
Would anyone be surprised if the conversation between Team Obama and Bank of America went something like this, "That sure is a nice bank you've got there. It sure would be a shame if anything were to happen to it. Say, has that statute of limitations run out on the robosigning, fraud, foreclosure mess, and all that TARP money we gave you? It sure would be a shame if DOJ were to discover some misdeeds that led some of you away in cuffs to prison." Would such a conversation be inconsistent, or consistent with the pep-talk they were given in 2008 when they took the TARP trap?
|I'm Barack Jaaaaames, b*&^^@!|
4) Consider who is most likely to do a panic buy. Those who are coming late to the party and may lack the training and experience to adequately handle the weapons they are buying. Which means that they are likely to be the least effective with their purchases. Also, if you start the gun confiscations, whose house do you want to raid at 3AM? A guy who has been buying and shooting for decades, or someone who just got their rifle for Christmas and posted the picture?
5) In the near term, depleting the inventory also deprives those more hardened individuals from easy and cheap resupply. Winning.
6) Speaking of clearing the inventory, what was the final tally on ammunition purchased by Leviathan over the last few years? Timing is everything. They have theirs so a gun ban now wouldn't really hurt their own stash. Winning.
Proposing a gun ban only to watch the reaction of the country, that's sending out one ping only.
|"One ping only, Comrade Feinstein..."|
Allow me to propose a more ominous response towards the tyrant.